Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday Savings!

Today was my first day as a strategic shopper. Sal Gal and I originally planned to hit Publix, Winn-Dixie, and Wal-Greens, but after eating a big Sunday dinner consisting of chicken and rice, macaroni and cheese, peas, rolls, brownies AND ice cream, we decided to just keep it local and make Winn-Dixie our only stop for today. And since today was my first time playing The Grocery Game, I didn't know what to expect as far as savings, but to be honest, I wasn't expecting much. I only had 3 or 4 weeks worth of coupons saved and I wasn't sure how far that would take me. But, being the good sport that I am, and the fact that I'm a WONDERFUL sister, I went for it. I have to say, I was surprised at how much money I saved on this one little trip!

Here I am with the two necessities required to make this trip a success: coupons (of course) and a Diet Coke fountain drink (Styrofoam cups were not available at this store....hmmph!)

Drum roll please......

Here's the receipt with my savings:


I saved $48.39! I only spent $32.87, which means I got $81.26 worth of groceries for only $32.87. I've never SAVED more than I've SPENT, before now. It was awesome.

So, my overall feelings about this new way of shopping?

I think I could get crazy with this!

7 comments:

TheVanzants said...

Okay, I've been inspired,..a little. Seriously, I HATE coupons and think their such a hassle...but, maybe if I could save that much, I'd like them.

I'll give it a try!!

Anonymous said...

i told ya!
yay for grocery game.
just wait til next week. i'm gonna rock your socks.

Anonymous said...

oh, and yes, you are a wonderful sis!

Jennifer said...

wow! that is incredible!

Lauren said...

That is amazing! I'm totally impressed!

Christy said...

Hi Hollie!

Wow! Your savings has inspired me to play the grocery game! I'm starting my last year of nursing school....tuition has gone up again, etc, etc....it's time for me to learn how to play the grocery game!

Thanks for the inspiration!
Christy

Suz said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! That means so much to me! I have read thru your blog! I love the coupon clipping-money savings plan! I am all about saving money!

I'll have to keep your blog on my list to check back on often!

Thanks again!