Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fickle Fay

As I type these words, Tropical Storm Fay (a.k.a. Drama Queen) is doing her best to flood my yard and blow everything it can around into places it doesn't belong. But don't worry I've got Fay's number. She's not fooling me. I've pinned her as somewhat of a control freak that craves attention and on top of it all, seems to be going through an identity crisis. She can't decide whether she wants to be a hurricane, a tropical storm, or just a bad rain. She can't decide where she wants to go and when she wants to go there. If she were human, she'd be that 50 year old lady still trying to get into her high school skinny jeans.
Do you sense a little hostility in my voice? Well, I am a bit perturbed at the fact that every county around me (and even ones not around me) have canceled school for today and tomorrow. But MY county? NO. We had school today and so far we'll be having it tomorrow. I thought maybe I could get a day off this week but that isn't looking to be the case.

Here's some pics of my nephew, Chas, enjoying him some Fay.







And Kate, not as much interested in Fay, as she was my earrings:


Here's to hoping Fay puts on her big girl panties, does what she needs to do, and gets outta here!



4 comments:

Kristy said...

You crack me up! I hate hearing that other schools are closed too. We've got a rinky-dink little school about 15 miles from mine that closes for EVERYTHING. Always ticks me off. =) Hope Fay chills out with all her drama for you!

A said...

but isnt that just like a woman...cant make up her mind one way or the other!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

LOL, I so know what it's like to have other schools around you close! Hope she takes a break and decides to quick her craziness!

Unknown said...

Listen, I am right there with ya! She's driving me nuts! Come or go, but make up your mind! It's been raining, then blue skies and sunny, only for it to rain again 30minutes after it stopped! Why??