Sunday, August 24, 2008

Edition 2: Sunday Savings

Alternate title: Saving Some MOE-NAY!

Today we decided to go to all three stores. First we went to Walgreens, then Publix and last Winn-Dixie. I was really impressed with my savings today.



Here's a pic of Sal Gal. She didn't really want me to post it as we were already pretty deep into our shopping. Her exact quote was, "No one looks good midgame, Hollie!"


14 cents Powerade + 98 cents trailmix = perfect halftime nourishment
"Drink powerade, Get powered up!" Because strategic shopping IS a sport!



My favorite quote from her today was when she looked at me dead serious, with wisdom-filled eyes, and said, "Now, you can't be scared of looking like a nerd when you play The Grocery Game." Nerd? You just gave away your age my friend.

We really enjoyed our time together, and she didn't mind hearing me sing "Get your clip on, get your clip, getcha getcha getcha getcha Getcha clip on" (sung to the tune of a once popular Missy Elliott song).

The beauty of The Grocery Game is that you build a stock pile so that when you run out of something, you go to your home store (the mini-grocery store you've created). That way, you're not at the mercy of the seller and their prices. And another great thing is that you try brands and items that you may have never tried. Take for instance, my new found love for Sara Lee's Soft and Smooth bread. I mean, yes we've just started dating but we're already looking at rings. It is soooo good!

Hello lover.


Okay, I should really get to the main star of this post: The Savings!



Walgreens: saved $81.42 spent 102.97


Winn Dixie: saved $54.61 spent $ 74.71


Publix: saved $54.14 spent $51.53



In other words, I got $419.38 worth of groceries for only $229.21! Go ahead, have a seat, take all the time you need. Let me know when you wanna join in. Matt couldn't believe it. If I keep coming home with receipts like this, I could single-handedly be bringin' sexy back.



Savings like this deserve a heel click!

And THAT'S pretty much what's up.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok so, i know i've already seen (and laughed really hard at) the pictures of you doing your heel click... but how hard did i just laugh when i got to the end of your post and saw them again? yea, that's how hard! a true lol for sure.

and you better watch it talking about my age and stuff.

amy (metz) walker said...

Pretty darn hilarious post. Gotta say I'm getting pretty interested in the grocery game.

And seriously, is the whole fam just genetically freakishly pretty?

Unknown said...

OK, I think you just got me hooked! I've been on the website all morning and signed up for my free trial. I saw you get credits for referring people, so if you want me to put your email in there just let me know!

Jennifer said...

woo hoo! way to go. i so wish i could do that here. sometimes it's sad to live in the sticks! :)

Kristy said...

You crack me up! The heel click is funny and quite impressive. I could never in a million years do that. =)
The "looking at rings" with the bread had me giggling like a lunatic. ha ha

Kerri said...

You know I love going any where with you...especially with no kids...I like going anywhere without the "crumbs". SSSOOO when is our next grocery game date?? I wanna go!! Ohh yea you and Sal Gal look like twins...Hard to believe your older Hollie (that was for you Sally)j/k.

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

You are hilarious!! Dating, rings, so funn! I get very excited myself about saving too (Hubby makes fun of me, but is glad I do it)! I'm going to have to look into that!

Anonymous said...

i heart kbo!