Monday, August 4, 2008

Catchin' Up

Because I skipped a few days of blogging last week, I've got some catching up to do. As I mentioned before, the majority of my week consisted of sitting in a conference room watching Power Points on education and curriculum. I left that 3-day workshop with some REALLY great information...unfortunately for the presenters it had nothing to do with their presentations. It did however have everything to do with beauty products, which as you know, makes the whole thing TOTALLY worth it! I sat by a girl who recently moved here from Michigan and she mentioned that her mom works for L’Oreal. She went on to say that L’Oreal and LancĂ´me are not only made by the "same people" and in the same factory, but they are even made in the same vats! I've heard something about that before but...the same vats?! That's awesome! The only differences between the two are packaging and price, of course! I had to ask her which type of L’Oreal mascara she used, because it looked really good on her, but as my sisters can vouch, I've had an unadulterated marriage to L'Oreal's Voluminous line since the first stroke on my lashes back in middle school. (Except for a short Mary Kay stint that lasted about a month) Yea, don't hate, I started wearing mascara in middle school. What's up?! I also rocked some sweet-lookin' neon rubber bands on my braces. And?? ....Sorry, got a little off track.
She said that she used their Telescopic mascara in carbon black. Wellllll, if you know me, you know I had to swing myself into a Wal-Mart on my way home and get some! It's a weakness! Love me unconditionally please. Long story short, Voluminous and I are in the middle of a very nasty divorce. I LOVE the Telescopic. It has a weird looking brush/wand but it works perfectly. I also bought some other L’Oreal makeup and love it all. Their True Match line is great. Okay, just some good info, thought I'd pass it along.


As many of you know, this little mama is having a hard time leaving Kate while she goes off to work. Today was her first day with her new, "official" babysitter, Deanna. It took every ounce of restraint I had not to call and check on her every hour. I knew she was fine and wasn't really worried; I just missed her so badly. Deanna was great about it; she actually called me and gave me an update on their day so far. I really am thankful for the way things worked out.

I had to go and by some things last night to send with Kate today and heard the song "Find Your Wings" by Mark Harris. I love that song. It makes me think of Kate. But, at this transition time in my life, it had me all teary-eyed and runny nosed. Man, I think when you become a mom, you lose all control of your emotions. Seriously, believe it or not, you used to could not make me cry, no matter what. Now, it's the total opposite. But that’s okay, it’s totally worth it. So what if you show up to work the next day to take your picture for your new ID badge with puffy slits for eyes? Okay, maybe I cared a little. I'm hoping I'll laugh about it later. When I'm batting me some Telescopic lashes! ha!

No comments: