Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Best of Intentions

Today we had a pretty bad storm system move through our area and since M to the Izz-A works for the electrical company as a lineman (a.k.a. pole climber....however, I try to refrain from calling him a pole climber as it brings to mind a whole other set of visuals), he is still at work right now collecting some major overtime and will probably be out most of the night. But that's okay, because as the saying goes: When the cat's away, the mice will...........finish up some laundry and go to bed early?

He really likes his job and will soon have to go for some more training. He says it will involve a lot of "physical stuff" and that he needs to start "getting in better shape." Hence the conversation we had last night:

Matt: Hey, I'm gonna go get on the treadmill for a little bit is that okay?
Me: Yea, that's fine, we'll probably be eating dinner in about an hour.
(A couple minutes pass and I hear plastic crinkling and see him take a seat on the couch.)
Me: What are you doing? I thought you were going to get on the treadmill?
Matt: Naaahh, I decided to eat some Oreos instead.
Me: Nice.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

I am with you Matt. Golden Oreos are the best:-)

amy (metz) walker said...

Hil-arious. I'm sitting here laughing out loud! Sounds JUST like something that my husband would say!

Thanks for stopping my blog!

A said...

hilariuos!!! sounds like my 300 lb husband...wanted me to congratulate him for doing cardio for 3 minutes!!! I kid you not!!! silly silly men!!! (oh, and love your blog!!!)