Sunday, August 31, 2008

Edition 3: Sunday Savings

Matt was on call today so we were only able to go to Winn-Dixie today for our money saving jaunt. Even so, I saved some cizzash. I got 90 something dollars worth of groceries for 50 something bucks. My savings were around $48.00. No bad for one stop! I lost my receipt this go round. It's somewhere either in the back of my sister's car along with about 103 other random things or floating around in the WD parking lot. Anyway, you believe me don't ya?
There's something to be said about having a house full of groceries. I told my sis that I feel like a real mom and wife now. As if laying spread eagle pushing a child out wasn't enough? Nope, it's the groceries that do it for me. I like knowing that if someone runs out of something, I'm pretty sure I'll have an extra stashed away somewhere. Now whether I'll be able to find it is another story!

3 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

You are so funny! And get this, we got Cheerios for $.75 a box!!! On sale plus a coupon, it'll be in the blog soon, ha! I still need to check out the grocery game!

Anonymous said...

well, my messy car secret is a secret no more thanks to you. way to go! the perception that i am perfect is now shattered into a million pieces.

and it's actually 114 things. i counted.

Tara Libby said...

I am excited about my first trip to save some dough! But I just dont know if I have enough room in my pantry for all the extra stash. I will have to do so rearranging :)