Saturday, August 2, 2008

Straight from the recipe files of "Moth-a Lil-yun" (edited)

Yes, I'd like to take this time to welcome back the founder of this amazing blog...she's returned from her recent sabbatical. (Or maybe it's just that she finally had to return to work this week and it kicked her butt...not to mention a nasty stomach virus).

Anyway, choice of words not nearly as important as the fact that I'm about to post a delicious recipe that I got from my grandma, Martha Lillian (pronounced by her as, "Moth-a Lil-yun").

Growing up, we always ate Sunday dinner at her house and no matter what the main dish was you can bet that she had this little corn number on the side! And make no mistake about it, this southern belle could (can) cook, so if she thought it was worthy of a weekly appearance on her plate, it was!

Disclaimer: If you're wanting a healthy, low-fat type recipe, close your browser now! (But really, if inviting some good ol' sour cream and bacon over for a party in the casserole dish is wrong, this chick's not sure she ever wants to be right.)

Seriously, it's like creamy corn on steroids. And as much as I'd like to be the kind of blogger who takes step-by-step pictures of the actual making of the dish, I'm not. So just the follow the directions, you won't need pics!

And if I were you I would definitely double the recipe because when I made it last time, it was only enough for myself and.....well,...myself. So double it! And enjoy!



Baked Corn with Sour Cream and Bacon



6 strips bacon

2 tbs. chopped onion

2 tbs. butter

1/2 tsp. salt

2 tbs. flour

1 cup sour cream

2 120z. can whole kernel corn

1 tbs. chopped parsley



Fry bacon and crumble.

Cook onion in butter.

Blend in flour and salt.

Add sour cream gradually, stirring until smooth.

Bring to a boil.

Drain and add corn. Cook until blended through.

Fold in half of the bacon.

Pour into greased baking dish

Top with parsley and remaining bacon

Bake 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until bubbly.


*Edited - Sorry for forgetting the flour in the ingredient list the first time. Thanks for keeping me straight ladies. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh WOW.....I'm from Oklahoma and this recipe sounds like home :)