Saturday, September 20, 2008

I thought you should know, I've met someone new

Yes, it's true.


It happens to the best of us.


I have indeed met someone new.

I didn't see it coming.

It just happened.



Meet Dyson.

I guess I shouldn't say that I didn't see it coming, when in fact, I know I did. I've been looking him up and down since the first day I caught a glimpse of him.

Sal Gal is in a relationship with his twin, and I hate to say it, but I've borrowed him a few times for myself. It was on those few occasions that I completely fell head over heels.

Okay, I can't do it anymore....

M to the Izz-A had this beauty waiting on me when I got home from work yesterday.

I know some may have taken a gift such as this as an insult of sorts. You got me WHAT? THIS was the surprise?! YOU PUNK!

I've been wanting a Dyson for quite a while now. I'm telling you, if you've never used one, you have NO IDEA what you or your home is missing. I only thought I was cleaning before. This vacuum cleans like you never knew a vacuum could.

So today, I'm gonna get my clean on.

You'll be surprised to know that I let Kate go and stay with her Grammy (Matt's mom) this weekend. I have never done this before. I, the mother, am the one with seperation anxiety. Admitting it is the first step, right? Well, this time I figured I could give it a try. I mean, she is 15 months old! So Matt and I met his mom half-way to hand my love over for the weekend. Hence the reason that I will be able to clean my entire house in one day and not just "spot treat", as Matt calls it.

Big things people, big things.

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

good for you!
"spot treating" is a great way to describe cleaning with small kids in the house. my mom has a sign that says, "cleaning house while the kids are growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing!"

hope you have a good day!

TheVanzants said...

I SO 'spot treat' and my house totally needs a good cleaning. Maybe this week....maybe.

Dyson looks like a nice addition your family...enjoy!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh man, I was just "thinking" about cleaning today, while Hubs is taking his test...but I'll think we'll go swimming at Aunties house instead :)

It took us a while before we felt comfortable leaving Bugster! (and we've only left him with my Mom! she's pretty much the only one we could leave him with, Hubby agrees!) I didn't realize Kate was 15 mos old, Bugster just turned 15 mos! Let's get together for a playdate!

Jenn said...

I am having some major vacuum envy. I have dreamed sweet dreams of having a Dyson. *sigh* It's on my Christmas list this year, but I don't know if I'll be so fortunate. Vacuuming is actually my favorite chore in the entire world - I can only imagine your glee! (o: Enjoy some for me while I keep dreaming Dyson dreams!

Kristy said...

I have serious lust for your vaccum. =) I want one, but I've got my eye on a carpet steamer/shampooer. The intro was funny...

Lauren said...

Oh girl... A vacuum can really change your life, can't it?!?! We ordered an Oreck last year and I nearly hugged the UPS guy when he brought it to our door. I love me some fresh vacuum tracks in my carpet!!!

Amanda said...

Oh yes - I have the triplet!! I LOVE, LOVE, L.O.V.E my Dyson!! I could not live without it!!! Greeaaattt!!!! I know exactly how you feel about it!!!

Lipstick said...

Congrats on the Dyson! I couldn't help but notice that it is sitting on hard wood floors. I am dying to know...how does it do with hard surfaces? We actually only have tile and hardwoods in our house (and one area rug) and I have always been curious about the Dyson.

Mojito Maven said...

This post is hilarious!!! I want a Dyson animal so bad (it's probably because I am a crazy neat freak).

Thanks for the blog love and I have really enjoyed reading yours as well. I've added you to my blog roll :)

Hollie said...

the dyson works great on hard surfaces ya'll. it gets everything!

It's me Suzette! said...

Love the new love of your life! :)

MiMi said...

I have been in a relationship with his purple cousin for 4 or 5 years now and I wouldn't trade him for the world! Isn't it amazing what it cleans up EVERY TIME you vacuum? I don't know where the stuff comes from! I use mine on hardwoods, tile and my area rugs. It's a LOVE relationship!

Cindy said...

Funny post. I love the term "spot clean." I think I might adopt that saying. :)

Darrin said...

Is it wrong that I find myself lusting after Dyson?
LOL!

JenniBeanV said...

Oh yes...I have big unhealthy love for my Dyson and it's mighty suction!

Nobody You Know said...

My hoover's just not cutting it.
Can I borrow your guy?