Monday, September 15, 2008

Edition 4: Sunday Savings

So yesterday Sal Gal and I headed out for some money-saving fun, only this time we came upon the grand fortune of having a personal chauffeur.

Meet Garrett. He's our cousin. He and Sal Gal attend the same church and she recruited him for a "quick run to the grocery store" (wink, wink) so that we could cut our coupons along the way. Unfortunately for him Sal Gal did not give out many details during his recruitment. He had no idea what was in store. Again, pun intended. :-)

Now since we're in the mood for meeting new people, meet Wilson, a.k.a. Mr. Jones.


This is Sal Gal's super-duper, boring, brown coupon binder. Feel sorry for her.

Now meet MY new coupon binder, Miss Veronica. Ronni if you're nasty.



Sal Gal broke the 10th commandment when she met Ronni.

We earned some great savings yesterday and were so proud of ourselves. I saved $30.66 at Winn-Dixie, only spending $27.79 and I saved $43.35 at Publix, only spending $37.82. In other words (I love other words) I got $139.62 worth of groceries for only $65.61!

Evidence please...




Do you feel that? Do you feel it coming on? Oh yea, I think ya do.

Savings like THIS deserve a...............................................................

DOUBLE heel click!
Coming up: A special Behind The Scenes edition of the heel click. Stay tuned...

12 comments:

Kristy said...

Ya'll are so funny! I've said it before, but I so could not do the heel click.
The 10th commandment biz- so funny.
Oh yeah.. you are very "punny". (Oh how I crack myself up.)

Rachel said...

You crack me up!! Love your outfit!

Suz said...

Sooo fun! What in the world are you going to do with all of that money you saved?? put it in your gas tank? :(

You are tee tiny woman! It looks like bargain hunting for you girls is a bast! Love it!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Ha ha!! You look so cute!

TheVanzants said...

ya'll are too cute - love the double heel click picture!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, if I attempted a heel click... I'm sure the cart would come tumbling over!!

Race for the Cure is October 11th.. And the Half Marathon for Soaring Wings is October 25th. This will be my 1st half marathon..actually, I've never done more than a 5k in distance, before this training. I'm not sure that we go by a guide or method...we just run 4 times a week increasing our distance each week. But, I have heard that Jeff Galloway has some great guides/methods! I met him a few months back and bought one of his books on Women and Running...

That Girl said...

HAHAHAHAHAA!! HOW do you do the "click feet" !??!?! ive tried but i cannot heft my heifer self!!!

Jennifer Owens said...

Your savings are astounding!! I have a pile of coupons to go through tonight for our next grocery visit - but I don't know if it will even compare to how you do it!

I've always wanted to click my heels. I believe I'm too clumsy for that move! (o:

petrii said...

You are so stinkin' cute I tell ya!! I'm really enjoyin' your blog ~~ oh yes I am!!!! :0)

I'm afraid with knees like mine the heels will be stayin' on the ground :-)

Dawn

Unknown said...

I LOVE that picture, it is soooooo cute!
Nice legs BTW, you are so pretty!
And I know, I know...I am updating soon...sorry for the suspense.
Thanks for the comments!!!

MiMi said...

I love that heel kick picture! That is too cute! You girls are doing a great job with your shopping and it looks like you're having a blast doing it, too!

Virginia said...

Oh word...I have the same file thing!!!! I put my paid bills in it. I knew you got your keen fashion sense from someone.