Some of my personal favorites that fall into this category are:
* highschool prom - The getting ready part was fun. The actual prom? NOTsomuch.
* painting your bedroom - What do you mean I have to move the furniture? Can't we just paint around it? We have to tape off what? Can't we just get away with putting on one coat?
* bathing suit shopping - Do I need to explain this one?
* deciding it's worth the money to go out to eat at that nice restaurant with the whole family - Do I need to explain THIS one??
* making that cake you signed up to bring entirely from scratch (when you know darn good and well that box cakes are just as good!) - Listen, I sweat more when I bake than when I go for a run or workout. Got me?
* flying a kite - Yes, flying a kite...looks fun, sounds fun, but in reality is REALLY difficult!
Can you believe flying a kite made my list?
Well friends, that is no longer the case.
Yesterday was the day - the day that I was successful at, yes, you guessed it, flying a kite...for the first time in my life, might I add.
People fly kites in movies. People fly kites in books. But Hollie has never successfully flown a kite in a movie, or a book, or real life. I remember trying it over and over many times as a kid, to no avail. Kite day at school? Yikes. Suddenly not feeling well. Or maybe that was the year that something was wrong with my kite?
Crazy to think that a childhood pastime could be so much fun as an adult, when you actually do it correctly.
The highly sought after instructor? Well, none other than M-to-the-Izz-A, of course! Jake of all trades, no?
So we took to the church parking lot, kites in hand, and got nuts with it.
|"Come on, baby. We can do this!"|
|Having the time of my life with a Disney Princess kite.|
|best kite-flyin' partner ever|