Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up....on a Wednesday

Doing a weekend wrap-up on a Wednesday? Why yes, yes I am. If our weekend was busy enough to warrant a 'wrap-up', just know that this gal is at the point in her pregnancy where she needs a couple of days to recuperate.


Last Saturday we traveled to M to the Izz-A's granny's house to attend Cousin Kassidy's 1st birthday party.

Happy Birthday, Kassidy!

This little cutie came down all the way from Tennessee just so we could celebrate with her. We had a great time chatting, eating some delicious cake, and...


...then Grave Digger decided to make an appearance.
Listen Luke, no matter how uncool you think it is, I'm gonna need you to return to the proper 10 and 2 hand position on the steering wheel.




And if truth must be told, in M to the Izz-A's hometown, any family gathering could end up looking like a Monster Truck convention.










Kassidy's mom, Aunt Lynne, brought Hamp lots of goodies, but she didn't want Big Sister Kate and Mama to be left out so she got us a little something, too!


Cute little aprons from 'thirty-one gifts'. Thanks Lynne!



We made it home just in time for me to join some friends for a night of dinner and shopping. The good thing about being pregnant is that I tend not to buy much when I go shopping, at least not for myself. I can't see the reasoning behind buying lots of clothes that I won't be able to wear but for a few months. Kate, on the other hand, racks up.




Kristin and Jobeth






Tara, Kerri, and me






We're all smiling and starving at the same time. Nothing like a good 45-minute wait to really get your tummy rumbling. Then when it's time to place your order, you completely over do it. Completely.




Step away from the bread, Hollie.




I just knew I was gonna have to make them stop at Wal Mart for me to run in and buy a big pair of sweatpants to make it through the rest of our night of shopping.




I didn't.




But I wanted to.




And on Sunday, we celebrated this little gal's 5th birthday...



...Cousin Anna. Love that smile!






I haven't gotten a new pair of sneaks in a long time, but if I did, I'm sure I'd react the same way.







Sometimes wild woman hugs can get a little intense. Cousin Lydia holds her own pretty well. I hope Hamp's ready for this!




A few other pics from the weekend:




















10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have socks that match Kate's striped pants!

How on earth do you stay so golden tan?! Seriously, spill it.

Chelsea said...

You and your family are so stinkin cute!

I used to have a Powerwheels pink Barbie corvette in my glory days, ahem, I mean my childhood!!

Becky said...

Great pictures! I'm loving Kate's new do. She looked like a mini-YOU when she came to our class Sunday delivering Easter goodies. Jeans jacket & all!

Kristy said...

I love, love, love the picture of Kate where she is all scrunched down and smiling so big. When did she get to be such a big girl? That haircut makes her look all grown up!! (Or as Kinley Bella would say... "all growed up!")

Okay, and now... I tried to copy-cat you with your cuteness on Monday when I took a little trek to Old Navy. They had some ca-uute long dresses that would be divine with a jean jacket and a necklace. (Only not so much on me! They were about 2 ft. too long! haha!)

My niece Carissa said, "Oh this looks like something that really pretty blogger wears!" She is in agreement with me that you are adorable and we both have a crush on your clothes!

Abby said...

Is Hamp joining an all-girl grandkid mix?! Lucky boy! (Well, lucky anyways, seeing as y'all are a pretty stinkin' cute family to have!)

Kerri said...

I'm going to a 31 party next week...If I have one, you wanna come?

Still lovin' Kate's hair

Had a great time Sat. night...

The Panke's said...

Kate looks so grown up with her new hair do.

Chelsea said...

"Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient." - Aristotle

Where do you go when the day goes down hill, you're late for work, you just need a pick me up?

What are your Happy Places? Nine photos that make you smile. People, places, shoes?

I tagged you in a post (no pressure) -- just interested to see what your answers are.

-Bondgirl

TheVanzants said...

Thanks for posting those pics :) LOVE THEM! and love you :)

Gina F. said...

I just want to say you have a very cute family and you are a beautiful woman also. Your daughter Kate is gorgeous. And, your husband Mike is a fine young looking man also. You'll are the perfect family with a baby on the way to make it even more perfect. It was nice to read your blog and get to know your family. You take really nice pictures and of course of your daughter. Take Care and God Bless your family. HAVE A HAPPY EASTER AND A NICE DAY TOO!!!

Gina
Visit my blog at http://motherof1princessand2princes.blogspot.com