Thursday, July 16, 2009

Slightly new do, and possibly a new ride for Kate?

I got my hair done a couple of days ago, nothing drastic, but just a smidge different. Don't you love the word smidge?


The funny thing is that M to the Izz-A never really has an opinion on my hair, my clothes (except that time he told me I looked like a librarian), or anything like that. But, on the way home from our anniversary date I told him that I had a hair appointment scheduled for the following day and that if he wanted to put in any suggestions, now would be the time. He usually just rolls his eyes and tells me it doesn't matter to him.


But this time he spoke up and said he'd like to see it a little shorter and blonder, for the summer. Well twist my arm! Finally the man has a pulse!






Then:



You'll remember this pic from a few posts back, July 4th - The hair was in desperate need of color and the ends were past split, maybe even frayed?!






Now:



Here's the new do. Not too different, just a little updated.


And if you're someone who always does cool stuff with your hair, I envy your braveness and wish I had the bal!$...er, I mean, guts to do such a thing. Feel free to laugh at this post. One day I'll do something really trendy with my hair, but for now, I'm hanging out in the safe zone.





Thanks to my wonderful sis-in-law, Abbi, for her amazing hair skills. If it weren't for her, my hair would ultimately probably end up looking like this: Actually it does, before my straightening iron hits it.







Change gears just a bit:

I'm in the market for Kate a new carseat. If any of you saw her carseat and its cover, you wouldn't be my friend anymore, much less bum a ride from me. We've washed the cover hundreds (who am I kidding?) a few times and it's on its last leg. I considered just buying a new cover. They have so many cute ones on etsy - but she really just needs a new ride, because I bought her current seat from Wal-mart when we were in a crunch and it's not the that great. It's like public restroom or school toilet paper instead of Charmin or Cottenelle. Get me? I really don't know how she's dealt with it this long. It's super-hard and practically has no cushioning at all. I feel guilty and like a horrible mom every time I've put her in it lately.



So I need your advice. I've heard tons of good stuff about Britax, but is there any other carseat you would recommend, maybe less expensive but just as good? Or is Britax the way to go?






34 comments:

Abbi said...

girl, i'm LOVIN the new look!!! bright and refreshing!! love the length...and the color!!! it's perftect!...thanks for the shout out!!
i know what you mean about a new ride....etsy does have some super cute ones!!! and how come the get sooo darn dirty soooo fast! kennedy could use a new one and we haven't even had it that long...lol!!!

Charis said...

Love the new layers and color!

Megan said...

I love the new lighter color! You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the new 'do!! You are totally stylin'-n-profilin'!

The Presnell's said...

Your "do" looks great! Now on to the car seat, I looked into the Britax, because of the popularity and consumer rating, but the Evenflow also has the same consumer rating and was about $100 less, so we went with Evenflow and we're happy. Good luck!

Kristy said...

Cute new do! And that extra picture- what the heck?!? I was dying laughing!

My carseat for Kin is a crapper too... bad mommy. =( BUT my mama made a super cute cover for it, so no one knows. LOL

prince snow farm said...

I LOVE your hair...loved the before too. I am always in a hair dilemma.

Britax has always been the way we've gone. Solid, well built. Yes, pricey, but we've passed them on from one child to another five years later and they're still amazing.

Madison Sanders said...

Your hair looks awesome!

Tara Libby said...

Love the hair!

We bought Cale a Graco from Target. It was only $80 but has plenty of cushion. We have been happy with it!

Heidi said...

BRITAX..you know that is how you ride in this FAM..get on the Wagon! I did find Ansley's on Craigslist..new in the box, the girl didn't like the print..not my fave either (yellow with hot pink b-flies) but ya know! I got it for 175 and it was 280 on-line. Another thing is that Anna just now stopped sitting in hers so it will last FOREVER. The Evenflo Triumph and the brtax marathon have same ratings though! Also tat new Graco grow with ya type one that is gray and pink is pretty cute :)

~Andrea~ A Burns Life/The Losing Side Of Life said...

LOVE the new hair update:-) Britax are really great car seats but can be pricey. My sister has 2 but I didn't want to spend that much, so we went to Babies R' Us and found a Graco that was the exact same shape and consitancy but for $150.00 less, here's the link for the one we got http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3262803! Good luck and hope you guys find one!

prince snow farm said...

Ok, and I'm going to be a little forward with this one...how on earth do you get your teeth so white? Stop laughing! Are you just naturally blessed, or have I been trying the wrong whiteners? What a great smile!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I love the new cut and color!! I think you look fab!

Amber said...

Gorgeous girl! I think you could shave your head and still look beautiful :)

Elizabeth said...

I love the new hair-do!!! :) But then again, you could have a shaved head and still be gorgeous!!! lol

Amber said...

Your hair looks great!!! I'm the same way though, I always play it safe with the hairstyle. The third pic was hilarious, my hair looks like that without the straightener. What did we do before the straightener?

The Panke's said...

First of all I'm laughing about the hair because my hair is out of control too before I get a hold of the flat iron every day

Second, Olivia has a Graco Nautilus carseat and it's great. It goes to a 100lb booster. So it's good for a long time. We got our online for about $130 but target and babies r us have it for a little more. It's done well so far and I won't need to invest in a new one for a while. They were rated very well in teh safety department too:)

Kerri said...

Britax is for sure the best! Love that black shirt you are wearing in your new hair picture.

Jon and Steph said...

That the new hair! so cute on you!

Lea Liz said...

Your hair looks sooo good!!

Trish said...

I love the cut and the color.....your girl did a great job!

Gives me the "fever"....gotta run and go make myself an appt for a "new do"!

Anonymous said...

Love the new do!

USCEmily said...

I love the hair!
I'm the type of person that will chop my hair off on a whim, but I am trying to grow it out, and it's the longest it has ever been. Totally unfamiliar territory for me!

Windy said...

Love the layers!
I am not one of the brave when it comes to hair cuts either! I try to tell myself that it's only hair and it will grow back, but myself doesn't listen:)

Rebecca Jo said...

You are just stunning! Love the new layers in the hair! Beautiful color too!

And I totally almost spit my Diet Coke out when I went down to the POOF picture...

Kat said...

Oooo! The hair looks great! You look fab! :)

Les said...

Hollie- google Recaro carseats... Luke has one and I like it b/c it has side wing type things for their head if you were to crash... and it is easy to adjust, the top adjusts up instead of having to refeed all the straps- don't you hate that!

Katy said...

SERIOUSLY, look into the RECARO carseats. THEY are awesome, I personally like them BETTER than Britax, the one my 2 yr. old has is amazing. I was in a carwreck with all three kids and they were perfectly safe. I buy mine online through Sears or JcPenney b/c they usually have better sales than Babies R US. Go check em out. They are expensive as Britax are, but WELL worth it...2 year old looks very comfy in his ride. The booster seats that my 4 and 6 yr. olds sit in (they're the highback booosters) are great as well. Ya know when kids fall asleep in the car and their heads fall all over the place?........these carseats allow for them to put their heads to the side w/out their heads looking so cramped.
ok, my novel is over

Katy said...

Your hair looks GREAT by the way....I'm feeling jealous and needing to head to a salon PRONTO!!

morewineplease said...

SUper cute! I love it, you look great blond!

RCaitlin said...

I LOVE the hair!!! You said your sister does it? Is she in St. Auggie because I haven't found anyone down there who does my hair the way I like?

2rcaitlin@gmail.com

Abby said...

Bee-yoo-tiful! I wish I, too, had the b*lls to chop mine, but I don't. Oh well. Here's to being long and blonde!

Abby said...

PS. We have TWO Britax and I love them. Soft, cushy, comfy, and - most importantly - hsa GREAT safety ratings. We couldn't be happier and I think they're well worth the investment.

Anonymous said...

Love the new hair!!!