Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's a labor of love and Wesson Oil

Wow, what a long weekend! I enjoyed the extra day and we were able to spend time with family and friends. On Saturday we decided to take a little road trip to M to the Izz-A's mom's house.



Along the way, we stopped off at the mall so that M to the Izz-A could purchase himself a new Gator hat or two, while I entertained Kate by pushing her around Dick's Sporting Goods on one of the display bicycles with off-balanced training wheels. I managed to work up a few sweat beads on my forehead and just kept looking at the employees, giving them a please-ask-me-to-stop-doing-this look. Unfortunately they just waved and smiled as I made my laps. Kate just kept yelling, "Faster, faster Mommy!" So there, I did actually 'labor' on this wonderful holiday weekend.
Slave driver.


Matt's brother, Josh, and his wife, Lynne, were also in town for a visit and we were lucky enough to spend some time with the family's newest addition, cousin Kassidy.




Check out that big jug of Wesson Oil. You know something got deep fried, right? In the words of Truett Cathy, "Food is essential to life. Therefore, make it good." And in the south, make it good = deep fry 'til your heart's content.




Kate wanted to help out all day long. She was such a good little helper.



Cousin Luke



Seeing if I still got it...



Yep. Still got it.



Granny Mac









Mimi and Papa Dan with all of the grandchildren (This was the best one out of about 137 attemps)
On a side note, who's sportin' a super goofy grin right now thinking that tomorrow is already Wednesday?! This girl right here. That's all I need. Something so simple sets my week off to a positive start. Who says being simple minded can't work in your favor?


10 comments:

Kristy said...

I think Miss Kate needs a baby at her house!!!
C'mon! It is so much fun with 2- and you only lose your mind just a little bit more.

Abby said...

What grade do you teach, Hollie? Just curious :) If it's primary, we need to set up an idea swap!

Happy Wednesday - love your positive spin on the week!

Madison Sanders said...

Cute babies! How did you stand it?

That little man was out cold; you must have the magic touch. :)

Lea Liz said...

Looks like you all had a fun weekend!! You always look so great girl!! I love your shirt in the top pic and of course your hair always looks soo good:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I'm so glad it's a short week, too! Makes me so happy!!!

Becky said...

Not only do you still have it, but it looks good on you too! (insert big wink here)

Suz said...

Okay - so I have to know your secret to being supermodel gorgeous and skinny! Were you one of those lucky mom's that just bounced back or did you have to do something special? Me, yeah I'm not one of those women and I'm not 'bouncing' back! ha! Love all the pics!

A New England Girl said...

Gorgeous photos! You look so pretty! It sounds like you guys had an absolutely fantastic weekend. :)

Abbi said...

i hate that we had to miss lunch, it looks like it was a great time! my hubby had racin on the brain!!!
the last pic is good!! i need to get a coppy! i don't have one of all of them together!!
great pics!

Emily said...

Your daughter is adorable (and so are all of her little cousins). :) You have a great looking family.

Found your blog while hopping from one to another.

Peace.