Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cabinet Chaos

So here's the question:

Does anyone else's cabinets look like this?!!


Oh, hi there little napkins that I looked for last week but couldn't find.

The thing is, I think of myself as more organized than this. Many people who know me, particularly my sisters, would probably say I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. I mean, I realize I am a little OCD about some things, such as track marks on the floor of my entryway. I'm also someone who microwaves something for 48 seconds, or tells someone I'll meet them around 6:37. It seems the cabinets have been overlooked for quite some time now. Maybe I'll tackle them next week. Or not.

On a more positive note, my kitchen got a cute little addition a couple days ago. I noticed the other day that as Sal Gal, my older sis, was over and we were trying to make one of Pioneer Woman's recipes, my measuring cup/spoon supply was sorely lacking. I was missing several important members of the measuring clan, such as Mr. 1/4 Cup and Mrs. 1/2 Teaspoon. Well, to my luck I found some (by Trudeau) this weekend at Ross ,and even better, they were on sale. (Of course they were, it's Ross!)
Here's a pic of my new friends:



The thinking : Colorfulness = cooking more fun
They even has a sturdy snap-thingy to hold them all together. (And I'm not talking about one of those snaps that just calls itself a snap but in the end comes clean to the fact it wasn't even a real snap in the first place.) I think these will be able to hang with me for quite a while.
Happy Saturday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, to answer your very first question: no, not at all. My cabinets are perfect, as is every other aspect of my life. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I love your new friends. Can't wait to help ya use 'em.